It’s funny how something like this:
Can make your day go from this:
To this, in a short amount of time:
You know what’s not peachy keen?
- Deciding Saturday night that you would rather a) sleep in b) shop c) go to the movies instead of getting up early Sunday morning to run (in the cool weather) with Aspen.
- What else isn’t peachy keen is….deciding to forgo a Monday morning run, with the thought of “doing it after work” running through your head.
When i got off work today, it was a nice and toasty 100*, but I had already put off my run twice, so i knew it *had* to be done.
Also not peachy keen is…
- feeling like your face is literally sweating off your skull
- running out of water before mile 5
- starting to see black spots around mile 5, not knowing whether it’s from the mascara you forgot to wash off quickly making it’s way into your eyeballs…..or the beginning signs of severe dehydration.
You know what *IS* peachy keen?
- Finishing a run you set out to do, even though basically all odds are against you and you do NOT feel like doing it, not even one bit! Peachy Keen!
- Feeling FANTASTIC after accomplishing said run you set out to do
and last but certainly not least….This.Smoothie. This Smoothie is certainly Peachy Keen!
“Peachy Keen Power Smoothie”
- 1c Ice
- 1/2c plain NF yogurt
- 1/2c unsweetned almond milk
- 1/2 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 tbsp xanthan gum (this makes it SO thick!)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 small fresh peach
So, I set out to do 10 miles, thinking “i’ll probably do like 6. it’s so effing hot.”. I ended up finishing with a major negative split. I did the first 7miles in a disappointing 77 minutes, which translates to an 11 minute mile (from all the walk breaks i took). The last 3 miles, however, were finished in…….26:38. That is an 8.79min/mile average for a total of 10.33min/mi average (i actually can’t guarantee this is correct…accountant or not, i suck at math after 10miles!). I am honestly not sure where/how i pulled out those last three miles. It must have been the visions of “Peachy Keen Power Smoothies” dancing through my head, because there really is no other explanation.
So, what did we learn here today?
Basically, when you are lazy/selfish and forgo your scheduled (cool) morning run, you will achieve the following:
- you will sweat like a man
- you will be passed by animals
- you will suffer from possible severe dehydration/mascara eyeball poisoning (it really could go either way)
- you will run into prickly bushes
- you will probably still finish your run, because even though you flaked momentarily…you are not one to flake on something altogether
- you will feel better after you get your run(or other exercise) in
- thick ice cold smoothies make everything better.
I hope you all got something profound and life changing from this post.